Listen on the player at the top of the page or find us on itunes!
This is the second of Chalk Talk’s 2015 IFSC Bouldering World Cup Roundups. I can’t tell you how excited I am for this season of World Cup bouldering. There are more Americans involved than ever. USA Climbing has been attempting to fundraise for athletes along with some athletes reaching out to the community with crowdfunding efforts. The European contingent is looking strong with Jule Wurm and Jan Hojer winning the European Bouldering Championships, Adam Ondra is competing, and Anna Stohr is back after nursing a finger injury last season (which she re-injured during this Vail competition and may be out again).
The plan is to produce an episode after each of the World Cup competitions with analysis, feedback, and awe from myself, Jackie Hueftle, and anyone else I can wrangle worth speaking to about this season. So, check back after each World Cup event for more coverage here on the 2015 World Cup Roundup!
Show Notes for episode with 2015 World Cup Roundup:
- A bit about young Margot Hayes
- What it means that Anna Stohr dropped out of finals after the second boulder
- With Puccio and Stohr out on injuries, who should we expect to lead the charge?
- The long and ongoing list of top climbers that are now on the injured list
- The Canadians strike back. Sean McColl and Jason Hallowach make it to finals after a disappointing how in Toronto
- A break from comp talk to freak out over Ondra’s flash of Jade (V15) the following day
- And of course, Nathaniel Coleman’s second, 2nd place finish this season
- What we can expect of this upcoming Chonqing comp based on past seasons
- How the field of competitors with change this weekend
- Climbing anomalies and what makes a good climber
- Lastly, the amazing performance by Megan Mascarenas
Related Links and Sponsors for 2015 World Cup Roundup:
- Visit the IFSC website for more info: www.ifsc-climbing.org
- Also, if you’re interested in learning more about the US World Cup Climber, Josh Larson, who was mentioned in this podcast, check out his interview on Chalk Talk where he discusses how he was preparing for the 2015 World Cup by following this link: Ep. 27 w/ Josh Larson “Living the Dream”
- If you missed the 2015 World Cup Roundup with Jackie for Toronto, you can find it by following this link: 2015 World Cup Roundup – Toronto w/ Jackie Hueftle
Videos featuring 2015 World Cup Roundup:
Thanks for listening and be sure to leave a review for Chalk Talk, A Climbing Industry Podcast on itunes!