On receiving his diagnosis of terminal cancer, growing the Climbers Against Cancer charity, and attempting to build a legacy that will live on in the hands of climbers worldwide….
Listen on the player at the top of the page or find us on itunes!
Show Notes for the episode with Climbers Against Cancer:
- John talks about his diagnosis of terminal cancer and the effect that had on him and his family
- His natural positivity and how it helps everyone around him cope
- How being open about his life with cancer helps friends and family feel more comfortable
- How helping to raise money for a charity led him to want to do more
- What it took to get the Climbers Against Cancer charity up and running
- The flood of support…and work that came with the charity’s success
- Watching the community grow and why climbing is so special
- Why CAC has successfully donated to 7 different cancer charities in 7 different countries
- How to become involved on an individual level, as a company, or as a gym to help CAC
- The truth behind true happiness that John has learned
Related Links and Sponsors for Climbers Against Cancer:
Videos featuring Climbers Against Cancer:
Photo Gallery of Climbers Against Cancer:
Thanks for listening and be sure to leave a review for Chalk Talk, A Climbing Industry Podcast on itunes!