Listen on the player at the top of the page or find us on itunes!
This is the first of Chalk Talk’s 2015 IFSC Bouldering World Cup Roundups. I can’t tell you how excited I am for this season of World Cup bouldering. There are more Americans involved than ever. USA Climbing has been attempting to fundraise for athletes along with some athletes reaching out to the community with crowdfunding efforts. The European contingent is looking strong with Jule Wurm and Jan Hojer winning the European Bouldering Championships, Adam Ondra is competing, and Anna Stohr is back after nursing a finger injury last season.
The plan is to produce an episode after each of the World Cup competitions with analysis, feedback, and awe from myself, Jackie Hueftle, and anyone else I can wrangle worth speaking to about this season. So check back after each World Cup event for more coverage here on the 2015 World Cpu Roundup!
Show Notes for episode for 2015 World Cup Roundup:
- Coverage by The Circuit World Cup and Performance Climbing Magazine
- Expectations coming into the season’s first competition
- The American hopefuls in Toronto and coming into Vail
- Routesetting and how new holds, new walls, and some oversight may have affected the climbers
- The new faces dominating the men’s podium, Nathaniel Coleman (USA) and Alban Levier (FRA)
- Expectations for the upcoming Vail World Cup in Colorado next weekend
- Thoughts on how the women will do next week
Related Links and Sponsors for 2015 World Cup Roundup:
- The Circuit World Cup and Performance Climbing Magazine – www.TheCircuitClimbing.com
- IFSC Website – www.ifsc-climbing.org
- The Spot Routesetting Blog – www.SpotSettingBlog.wordpress.com
- Also, listen back to the past episodes:
Videos featuring 2015 World Cup Roundup:
Photo Gallery of 2015 World Cup Roundup:
Thanks for listening and be sure to leave a review for Chalk Talk, A Climbing Industry Podcast on itunes!