Listen on the player at the top of the page or find us on itunes!
Mina Leslie-Wujastyk is an incredibly driven athlete who can be harder on herself than anyone else. Her progress is clearly visible in the IFSC standings where she rose from 59th place in 2009 to 9th place in 2013.
In this episode we talk about her final push for world domination and the physical and emotional battles that she faced. Mina is amazingly well-spoken and fantastic to listen to if you value conversations on the mental aspects of climbing. Also take the time to check out her blog and the trailer for the new film, “Project Mina” coming out this month! (links below)
Show Notes for Mina Leslie-Wujastyk:
- Rocklands and the Vice (8b/V13)
- Her love/hate relationship with competition climbing
- Quitting competition climbing…maybe
- International competitions and the pressures involved
- Drawing inspiration
- Training for success
- The role of media in climbing
- Women in climbing
- Setting goals without tearing yourself down
- Success vs. Failure
Related Links and Sponsors for Episode with Mina Leslie-Wujastyk:
- @minaclimbing on twitter and instagram
- Five Ten
- British Mountaineering Council
- Organic Climbing
Thanks for listening and be sure to leave a review for Chalk Talk, A Climbing Industry Podcast on itunes!