*Save 15% on any purchase from Moja Gear by entering “chalktalk” at the checkout! (good through Aug 31st)* Click here to visit their website now!
Listen on the player at the top of the page or find us on itunes!
Show Notes for episode with Moja Gear:
- Life on the Road from San Luis Obispo, to Lander, to Denver
- How Moja Gear sprung from a student project at Cal Poly into a full blown entrepreneurial experience
- Tips on starting a business from Sander’s time in Cal Poly’s entrepreneur program
- Thoughts on their content including articles like: How to pee on a wall (when you don’t have a penis)
- Tips and tools for how they manage their time and get the job done while on the road.
- How they managed expansion in the face of relinquishing creative control
- Their rate of growth and how they’ve leveraged it in the climbing market
- Why the climbing industry is unlike most others and how to deal with the fickle attitude of it as a business
- Natalie relates how working for Moja Gear compares to working in the foreign service sector
- How the retail model works on MojaGear.com
Related Links and Sponsors for Moja Gear:
Related Chalk Talk Podcast Episodes for Moja Gear:
- Ep.29 w/ Mike Helt of Climbing Business Journal
- Ep.16 w/ Julie Ellison “Keeping It Fresh”
- Ep.14 w/ Jon Glassberg and Jordan Shipman “Chalk Chat, A Fireside Romp”
Videos featuring Moja Gear:
A couple of Moja Gear’s recent Friday Flick Pick’s:
Photo Gallery of Moja Gear:
Thanks for listening and be sure to leave a review for Chalk Talk, A Climbing Industry Podcast on itunes!